One Can Trust is an independent charity providing emergency food parcels to thousands of people every year. We are consistently the busiest foodbank in South Bucks. Our vision is to help anyone in our local community who is desperate with hunger, for as long as we have to.
Trustees, staff and volunteers are all committed to bringing together everyone who can help run our foodbank and provide the organisation to get food parcels to those in crisis.
You can join us in our vital work and help us bring help and hope to so many.
Job Title: Foodbank Project Manager
Location: One Can Trust Foodbank, 11 Duke St, High Wycombe Bucks HP13 6EE
Responsible to: The Project Manager will be supervised by the Operations Trustee and Chairman.
Main responsibilities: To manage the foodbank in the following ways, working with existing team coordinators, volunteers and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure the ongoing work of the foodbank by liaising with:
- Current donors including churches, schools, supermarkets, businesses and Individuals.
- Securing on going funding for the foodbank by continuously working with local organisations, businesses and holding fund raising events
- Sourcing fresh end of day surplus food
- Manage recruitment and training of volunteers to support the foodbank
- Ensure regular monitoring and reports are submitted to the Trustees
- Oversee the day to day management of the foodbank processes.
- Ensure that the foodbank policies, such as Health and Safety, are observed at all times
- Managing the small team of part time staff
You will have excellent communication skills and will be able to relate to people from all walks of life with empathy and ease. You will be well organised and be able to juggle competing priorities, often under time pressure. You will be an enthusiastic networker and an experienced and skilled fundraiser. You will be a dedicated individual, as deeply committed as we are to reducing the impacts of poverty. Possession of a current driving licence is desirable.
You will be a proven project leader and operational manager capable of taking clear and considered decisions.
Ideally you will be an experienced marketer with IT skills and a background with social media. You will be able to effectively interpret complex statistical data.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Normal working hours are 35 hours per week which includes some fixed core hours based at the foodbank. You will need to be flexible with your working week to visit local businesses and attend community events including the occasional evening event.
Salary ; Commensurate with the position and to be negotiated, plus statutory pension contribution
Annual Leave: 28 days (including 8 days public holidays)
All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current mileage rate.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and references.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and the completion of a probationary period.
To apply – please in the first instance send a covering letter and your CV to our trustee, Jo Ollis at firstname.lastname@example.org